What is light therapy?
Because unlike bears, we do not have the right to hibernate, gloom and blues hits often intoxicate our moral arrival of autumn. Why ?
- Just because from October, the lack of light weakens us.
• The brightness deficit affects our mood, disrupts our balance … This is what is commonly called the winter blues .
• the pineal gland, located in the brain, secretes melatonin at night, better known as the sleep hormone name.
• it is daylight recorded by the retina which regulates the secretion of this hormone.
• But this fall, due to the decrease in brightness, sleep hormone is secreted in the dark hours of the day. . Hence a drowsy effect on the day and sometimes sleep disorders night
• The light therapy (or phototherapy) involves exposing the retina to light of high intensity: the eye receives more light, more secretion melatonin is controlled.
• for daily sessions, one can thus rebalance the internal clock after a week or ten days.
• for light therapy to be truly effective, it is necessary that the lamp is a power sufficient (10 000 lux) and the eyes are in the field of light.
what intensity and light color to choose?
The intensity seems simple enough to represent. This is the amount of light. It is measured in lux or lumen. The lumen measures the amount of light emitted. Lux, the amount of received light per unit area.
Light therapy in numbers?
- 19% of the French population suffers symptoms of winter blues. *
• 75% of those affected by the winter blues are women (especially women between 30 and 55 years). *
• Right summer, the amount of light from the Sun is 100 000 lux; it is 1 500 lux in the winter and only 500 lux interior.
*Source : ISEO Marketing Research
What are the precautions to practice light therapy?
- Very few side effects have been observed after the light therapy sessions.Some users have reported headaches or irritation of the eyes.
• After a few days of use, the body adjusts, headaches disappear; slightly away from the lamp enough to avoid irritation.
• Prior consultation with a physician is advised when a history of serious eye disease (cataract, glaucoma …), manic-depressive syndrome or drug taking increasing the light sensitivity of the eyes.
• But in general, anyone supporting sunlight can safely use a light box. The light intensity of the lamp is important, but it is 25 times less powerful than the sun!
She has the color of light importance in therapy?
The white and blue lights are frequently used but the color does not affect the effectiveness of light therapy. The choice of the color of light is only a matter of exposure comfort. Thus, yellow lights are not used in therapy as an unpleasant feeling of “grain of sand” in the eyes can be felt after prolonged exposure.
How to regulate his sleep with light therapy?
Normally, the pineal gland in the brain secretes melatonin during the night. Secreted at the wrong time, this hormone can cause sleep disorders:
- However, the eye receives more light, more melatonin secretion is regulated.By exposure to bright light, one can achieve synchronize the biological clock.
• A session of light therapy in the evening and will delay the time of falling asleep while an exhibition early morning help night owls to “readjust their waking-sleep”.
When is a dawn simulator is suitable?
Misconception that more revival is delayed, the less tired. Or how tired much depends on how the awakening takes place. So we opt for:
- A dawn simulator, simulating sunrise, stimulates the body.
• Recording the sun rises, our body stops secreting the sleep hormone and thus rises with enthusiasm and vitality.
• A useful tool for anyone working unsocial hours.
Full Spectrum Light Therapy
Your Complete Guide to Blue Light Therapy
Kell West Regional Hospital
20120309 Physical Therapy Equipment
Bowen Therapy Glasgow
File:Nanobodies for photothermal therapy.gif
NICU Preemie Parents diapers pacifiers
What Is a Drug Dealer?
Dermalogica Brighton – The Lanes Health & Beauty
Livial | Tibolone | Menopausal Symptoms
Red light could save bees from pesticide poisoning
Grief Response Model contextualised to sports injury …
Untitled Document [web.stanford.edu]
Photos, illustrations et vidéos de reiki
Should You Try Light Therapy to Treat Seasonal Affective …
Choosing the Right Blue Light Therapy Device – Lumiere …