Even if sometimes change a fluorescent tube by a LED tube may seem easy, other times, it can be a real headache if one does not take into account some details.
To make installation easier, we have prepared this simple step by step guide to change the fluorescent tubes for LED tubes.
Depending on your installation (with ferromagnetic ballast or electric), he will have to proceed differently.
This guide is valid for our led glass T8 fluorescent tubes. Let’s go to growtheology.com!
How To Replace a Fluorescent By a Led Tube in a facility with ferro-magnetic ballast
This is how the majority of conventional fluorescent tubes with ferro-magnetic ballast is installed:
Step by step:
1 cut the electricity of the electric Panel and check that the power is turned off.
2 remove the old tube, then the starter.
- place the new bridge LED starter (supplied with each tube)
- remove the capacitor (to avoid surges)
5 install the new LED tube.
How To Replace a Fluorescent By a Led Tube In An Installation With Electronic Ballast
This is how the majority of the conventional tube with electronic Ballast is installed:
Step by step:
1 Cut the electricity of the electric Panel and check that the power is turned off.
- remove the old tube (there is no starter here, because it is incorporated inside the electronic ballast).
- disconnect the cables entering the electronic ballast (no need to remove them, simply disconnect electrically).
- choose one of the two door-tube (or shells), to connect its two cables directly to the electric network.
- We recommend that you mark the socket where you made the connection for easy installation of the LED tube.
There you go! Do not hesitate to contact us if in doubt.
If you want to visit our catalogue of LED T8 tube, click here.